|Local Drugstores to Lose Most TRICARE For Life (TFL) Prescriptions|
|Written by Bob Dill, Publisher|
|Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:00|
Defense Authorization Act of 2013 Requires TRICARE for Life (TFL) Beneficiaries to use the Government Home Delivery (mail-order) Pharmacy System Effective February 14, 2014.
Mail order prescription refills are a requirement for military retirees and dependents effective February 14, 2014. Beginning on that date, individuals who are beneficiaries of TRICARE For Life (TFL) will no longer be permitted to order maintenance prescriptions from local drugstores by making a co-payment.
The mandate, which is a part of the 2013 Defense Authorization Act, applies to maintenance medications. Initial prescriptions can continue to be filled at a retail drug store, and beneficiaries will be allowed to fill up to two 30-day refills at a retail store during the transition period.
Beneficiaries are being informed that they will be allowed to opt out of the mail-order system after using it for one year. This is a political promise made by the bipartisan coalition that crafted the bill. They know that Congress decides each year what pay and benefits active duty military and veterans will receive. The future of military support will depend to a great deal on the outcome of the 2014 congressional elections.
This mandated change stems from an effort to stay within the drastic Obama cuts in the military budget and avoiding large across-the-board TRICARE pharmacy copayment increases.
The mail-order pharmacy system reportedly lowers costs for both beneficiaries and the Department of Defense.
Beneficiaries who live near a military hospital or clinic may continue to fill their prescriptions there.
TRICARE has started contacting beneficiaries, however individuals wishing to register for Mail Order service may enroll online at www.express-scripts.
com/tricare or by phone at (877) 363-1303.
Most Read Articles
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- Disarming the American People
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- The Atlanta Campaign
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Character Does Matter
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- Now And Going Forward
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”