|Daughters of the American Revolution Awards|
|Written by Julia Barnes|
|Wednesday, 18 May 2016 00:00|
Hudson Berry Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, met on Saturday, May 14, 2016, at Boulevard Baptist Church in Anderson, SC. The ladies chose to move their usual location to outdoors in the brick-enclosed prayer garden next to the Chapel. Regent Julia Barnes welcomed all the ladies, including three prospective members, and led them in the ritual, pledges to flags, and American’s Creed. Special award certificates were presented to Kay Burns of Anderson, Julia Barnes of Honea Path & LuAnne Foster of Belton, for their work in the DAR Bible Records project.
Mary Jane Coffee of Anderson was honored for her work with veterans with a DAR award certificate. New chapter officers installed for the 2016-2018 term of office were Cynthia Campbell of Iva (Regent), Robin Moody of Anderson (Vice-Regent), Cathy Stegall of Anderson (Treasurer), Julia Barnes of Honea Path (Registrar), Dianne Brown of Anderson (Historian), and Regina Orzechowski of Townville (Chaplain). Other newly elected officers who were absent were Recording Secretary Amy Ortiz of Anderson, Corresponding Secretary Linda Cushing of Travelers Rest, and Librarian Margaret Cole of Belton.
Most Read Articles
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- Disarming the American People
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- The Atlanta Campaign
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Character Does Matter
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”
- Now And Going Forward