|Written by Frank Hall - Greenville, SC|
|Wednesday, 04 November 2015 00:00|
A couple of days ago I got a huge shock when Michael Medved, commenting on conservative Christian talk radio, chastised Ted Cruz and other right wing Republicans for wanting to cut the funding for Planned Parenthood. Why not? He said people should never get in a fight they can’t win. If you are sure you can win, then it is okay to fight. But Cruz can’t win this fight because President Obama will veto Cruse’s bill, shut the government down, and the Republicans will get blamed (again) for it.
I maintain this is a coward’s excuse to not fight. If David had subscribed to that line of thinking Goliath would have become the second King of Israel. If George Washington believed that South Carolina would still be a British colony. If Generals Patton, Eaker, and Spaatz thought that way we Americans would all be speaking German today. The day the United States declared war on Germany the Krauts had 180 combat-ready infantry divisions, while the United States had four. If Admirals Nimitz, Fletcher, and Spruance, together with 234 pilots of obsolete Douglas SBD Dauntless and TBD Devastator aircraft had subscribed to that line of thinking we would all be speaking Japanese today.
Ted Cruz has shown us his American intestinal fortitude already. He fought valiantly to defund Obamacare. Do you remember? If he had had a dozen he-men to stand with him he would have won and we would have been spared untold damages to our healthcare system, our economy, and our health. Instead he had a couple dozen cowards criticizing and opposing him. Now he is fighting to defund Planned Parenthood and end the barbaric butchering of our babies. He is my first choice for President in 2016. What do you think?
Most Read Articles
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- Disarming the American People
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- The Atlanta Campaign
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Character Does Matter
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- Now And Going Forward
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”