|Chad Connelly Joins Race to Replace Mulvaney|
|Written by Staff Report|
|Monday, 13 February 2017 00:00|
Additional Announced Candidates: Rep. Tommy Pope, Rep. Ralph Norman, Tom Mullikin, Sheri Few and Kris Wampler
Chad Connelly has been a controversial figure in an issue of great importance to SC Republicans.
The smooth-talking politician who scuttled the efforts by the Greenville County Republican Party Executive Committee that had financed a lawsuit to bring about closed party primaries in South Carolina has thrown his proverbial hat into the already crowded Fifth Congressional District Primary Race.
The congressional seat is being vacated by Rep. Mick Mulvaney who is awaiting Senate confirmation as director of the Office of Management and Budget of the Trump Administration.
Vince Coakley of the Upstate’s Talk Station WORD 106.3 asked Connelly about his present position on closed party primaries. In Monday’s interview Chad implied that he supported closed primaries. In response to further questioning he said the lawsuit had
The cost of the lawsuit had been born by the Greenville Republican Party Executive Committee with pro bono work by its lawyers. As far as the Financial Disclosure Statements by the Republican party filed with the Ethics Committee, there is no record of state-level expenditures.
Most Read Articles
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- Disarming the American People
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- The Atlanta Campaign
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Character Does Matter
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”
- Now And Going Forward