|War Declared on Christians in the Military|
|Written by Bob Dill, Publisher|
|Wednesday, 22 May 2013 00:00|
Military Personnel told they must not Share Faith in God, or They will Face Discipline, Discharge or Court-Martial
There are numerous reports indicating that the Obama Pentagon is “about to implement a new policy under which any members of the military ‘caught’ talking about their Christian faith will be subject to court martial or imprisonment!”
The Washington Post reported April 26th that anti-Christian activist Mikey Weinstein met with senior Air Force officials to discuss “religious issues” in the military. Weinstein heads up the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF). He is quoted as writing: “We must vigorously
support the continuing efforts to expose pathologically anti-gay, Islamophobic, and rabidly intolerant agitators for what they are: die-hard enemies of the United States Constitution. Monsters, one and all.” This is the man that advised the Obama Pentagon on developing its policy on faith.
The article prompted others to ask questions. In response the Pentagon released several confusing statements republished by the Family Research Council.
“Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense.”
When asked, “if any chaplains or service members had been prosecuted for such an offense,” the Pentagon spokesman responded: “Court Martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis and it would be inappropriate to speculate on the outcome in specific cases.”
The Air Force issued a statement saying: “Air Force members are free to express their personal religious beliefs as long as it does not make others uncomfortable.”
A third statement issued by the Pentagon stated: “Service members can share their faith (evangelize), but must not force unwanted, intrusive attempts to convert others of any faith or no faith to one’s beliefs (proselytization).”
The Air Force Chief of Staff created a chilling effect throughout the Air Force with a memorandum directing commanders not to “promote their religious beliefs to their subordinates.” This resulted in a series of actions compiled by the Family Research Council, and a declaration of “victory” by Anti- Christian Activist Mikey Weinstein.
Some service members are pushing back against the anti-Christian policy. FRC reported that during an address at the National Day of Prayer service, on Capitol Hill, Coast Guard Admiral William Lee talked about so many servicemen searching for reasons to live, including one 24-year-old who had tried to commit suicide and failed. Despite the protocol, Lee said he felt strongly that he should give the service member a Bible.
“The lawyers tell me that if I do that, I’m crossing the line,” Admiral Lee told the audience. “I’m so glad I’ve crossed the line so many times.” To a standing ovation, Admiral Lee promised not to back down from “my right under the Constitution to tell a young man that there is hope.”
The Liberty Institute has announced the launch of its Armed Forces Religious Liberty hotline (972) 941-4543.
Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council compiled a listing of 15 events that highlight the growing hostility toward Christians in the military, stating: “The aggressive anti-Christian actions of the Obama administration are real, documented and escalating.”
1. January 2010 -- Department of Defense orders removal of tiny Bible references on military scopes and gunsights.
2. June 2011 -- The Department of Veterans Affairs forbids references to God and Jesus during burials at National Cemetery.
3. August 2011 -- The Air Force stops teaching the Just War theory because it is based on a philosophy of St. Augustine.
4. September 2011 -- Air Force Chief of Staff prohibits commanders from notifying airmen of religious programs.
5. September 2011 -- The Army issues Walter Reed Medical Center guidelines stipulating that no religious items (i.e. Bibles, reading materials and/or tracts) are to be given to the wounded.
6. November 2011 -- The Air Force Academy rescinds support for Operation Christmas Child because it is run by Christians.
7. November 2011 -- The Air Force Academy pays $80,000 for a Stonehenge-type worship center for pagans, druids, and witches.
8. February 2012 -- The U.S. Military Academy at West Point disinvites three-star Army general, decorated war hero, and FRC Executive Vice President, Lt. Gen. (Ret.) William "Jerry" Boykin, because he is an outspoken Christian.
9. February 2012 -- The Army orders Catholic chaplains not to read archbishop's letter to soldiers.
10. May 2012 -- The Obama administration opposes legislation to protect the rights of conscience for military chaplains who do not wish to perform same-sex "marriages."
11. June 2012 -- Obama administration revokes the long-standing U.S. policy of allowing military service emblems to be placed on military Bibles.
12. August 2012 -- Lt. Col. Jack Rich of the U.S. Army emails subordinates saying they should be on the lookout for people who share FRC's values because they are not "Army values."
13. January 2013 -- Obama announces the opposition to a provision in the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act protecting the rights of conscience for military chaplains.
14. April 2013 -- Officials briefing U.S. Army soldiers include "Evangelical Christianity" and "Catholicism" along with the terrorist organizations Al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, and Hamas as examples of "religious extremism."
15. May 2013 -- The Pentagon meets with Mikey Weinstein and the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF) to establish new rules which would restrict the religious freedom of Christian and Jewish military personnel.
Sadly, this list is just the highlights--and it gets longer every day.
Most Read Articles
- Court Orders Governor to Sign Request for $700 Million to Fund ‘Monumentally Terrible Idea’
- Hard Hats, Cannon Salute and TAPS on Confederate Memorial Day
- Disarming the American People
- Confederate Memorial Service, Springwood Cemetery, Greenville, SC
- The Atlanta Campaign
- It Could Never Happen Here
- Obama White House Trading Sovereignty for More UN Presence?
- Advice From the Oracle
- 100 Days of Reckless Photo-Op Hubris
- Obama Shows His True Pro-Arab Colors
- Character Does Matter
- Now is the Time for all Good Men …
- South Carolina Bill Would Nullify ‘Obamacare’
- “After America, There is No Place to Go”
- Now And Going Forward