Judiciary Committee begin impeachment hearings. The proceedings are probably going to be a lot like the House Intel Committee hearings. Democrats will claim each testimony given is a “pretty clear” indication that the articles of impeachment are necessary even if the witnesses only have secondhand knowledge of the claims they make.
Interestingly “… public support for the inquiry is at best stagnant and probably declining.” Democrats should take this information and get back to work. The impeachment hearings are sure to overshadow the completion of the appropriations process. Just last week Washington escaped a government shutdown by extending funding until December 20th. From now until then, Democratic Leadership should be working with the Senate to negotiate the remaining appropriations bills to fund the government through the fiscal year. Only time will tell if the Democrats put aside their political goal to impeach the President and get back to real legislative work.
Unlike House Democrats, we can be thankful that the Trump Administration has been hard at work. President Trump has deregulated and implemented conservative policy throughout his presidential term. A few major highlights include:
- Officially removing the U.S. from the liberal Paris Climate Agreement
- Preventing tax-payer money from funding abortion not only at home, but also abroad
- Ensuring our entitlement programs are accountable to the tax-payer, not Washington bureaucrats
- Committing to lead other nations in protecting religious liberty
- Reforming immigration processes so that immigrants do not become dependent on our entitlement programs
- Protecting Americans’ conscience rights and religious liberty
- Selecting judges that do not seek to legislate policy
Eagle Forum is grateful for the work President Trump has done on behalf of Americans. We can only hope Democrats will learn to do the same.