Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2022
12:30 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Bob Jones Academy Auditorium
GREENVILLE, S.C. (November 7, 2022) – Bob Jones Academy is participating in the Veterans History Project , a Library of Congress oral history project, on Wednesday, November 9, in honor of Veterans Day this Friday.
The Academy is partnering with American Legion Post 3 and Upstate Warrior Solution. Nearly 40 veterans have confirmed their participation. Veterans will be interviewed by 54 students in the 10th and 11th grade United States History class at BJA.
Location: Bob Jones Academy Auditorium, 1700 Wade Hampton Blvd., Greenville, SC
Times: Veteran interview check-in and interview times will be staggered.
- Group 1: check-in 12 p.m. (interview time 12:30 to 1:20 p.m.)
- Group 2: check-in 12:55 p.m. ( interview time 1:25-2:15 p.m.)
- Group 3: check-in 1:50 p.m. (interview time 2:20-3:10 p.m.)
Participants include the following:
- 1st Vice Commander Richard Cochran – The American Legion Post 3
- 2nd Vice Commander Bobby Lyles –The American Legion Post 3
- Hal Roach, Greenville attorney who is a veteran and represents many veterans
- Dr. Ira Williams, Korean War veteran