The metaphors don't get any better (or worse) than this:
A van carrying Hillary Clinton, fresh from throwing her #MeToo sisters under the bus this weekend, crashed into a parking garage pillar on the way to a New Jersey campaign fundraiser Tuesday for beleaguered Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez. At her side was Huma Abedin, who is divorcing convicted serial sexter and underage girl stalker ex-Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner.
Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident. But politically, damaged goods plus damaged goods equals an epic car wreck.
Tone-deaf Clinton had just earned recriminations from the left's resistance wing for defending her horndog hubby on "CBS Sunday," where she flatly denied that the 49-year-old commander in chief's Oval Office sexcapades with 22-year-old intern Monica Lewinsky were an "abuse of power" because, well, "she was an adult."
This is the same fauxminist champion who sidled up to disgraced Hollyweirdo Harvey Weinstein despite warnings from entertainment industry insiders about his alleged sexual predation of young starlets that reportedly dated back to 2008.
Question: Who could have possibly thought it a good idea for Hillary and Huma to front a women-themed party for Sleaze-Bob Menendez?
Answer: only a conglomerate of liberal hacks and flacks with more blind spots than the Land of the Cyclops.
The powerful pol, running for a third term in the U.S. Senate, is up to his eyeballs in personal and professional skeeviness:
- Menendez flew the crony skies on multiple luxury flights to the Caribbean with wealthy donor pal Salomon Melgen on taxpayer dime and time.
- Sleaze-Bob in turn used his Senate influence to push a lucrative port security deal benefiting Melgen.
- Creepy doctor Melgen was convicted of bilking sick old people on 67 counts of massive Medicare fraud totaling $90 million.
- And in my favorite mendacious Menendez-engineered scheme, which I dubbed the 36DD visa program, Menendez and his staff pressured the State Department to expedite the foreign tourist and student visa approval processes for a bevy of buxom foreign beauties. As I previously reported, one of them, Brazilian actress and porn pinup star Juliana Lopes Leite (aka "Girlfriend 1"), had her F-1 student visa application moved to the top of the pile in 2008 after Menendez and his staff intervened as a favor to model-lovin' Melgen.
- Another 36DD visa beneficiary, Rosiell Polanco-Suera, testified that her rejected visa application (along with her sister's) received reconsideration and instant approval after Melgen promised to "fix it" by reaching out to Menendez.
And that's all on top of the sordid and unresolved mess involving Obama Justice Department court filings related to the "specific, corroborated allegations that defendants Menendez and Melgen had sex with underage prostitutes in the Dominican Republic." Melgen owned the Casa de Campo resort home where he and Menendez reportedly engaged in sexual romps with a bevy of Dominican escorts, including at least one minor girl.
The same Dems and femmes who demanded we "believe all women" during the Brett Kavanaugh witch hunt declined my invitation in 2013 to join my bipartisan Ladies Against Senator Sleaze-Bob group when reports of the underage prostitute parties broke.
I'm still waiting for a single female Democrat to step up to the plate. Tick. Tock.
Here's the good news: Despite the best efforts by Beltway Dems and their media allies to whitewash the aftermath of Menendez's federal corruption mistrial last fall, New Jersey voters smell a rat. The Garden State may be bluer than Papa Smurf, but Menendez's approval ratings are taking an island dive and recent polls should him in a dead heat with GOP challenger Bob Hugin.
This week, Senate Majority PAC, the Senate Democrats' super PAC, announced it would be dumping $3 million to help Menendez in the state that Clinton won by a 14-point margin over Donald Trump. That's $3 million diverted from other competitive Senate races in battleground states, including North Dakota, Nevada, Indiana, Florida, Tennessee, Montana and Missouri.
So the Titanic attempt to save sinking Sleaze-Bob may end up torpedoing the Dems' chances of re-taking the Senate. No worries, though. I hear Hill and Bill will have plenty of room on their Corruptopalooza post-election speaking tour stage for the losers.