Senate Dems Want Mandatory Mail-In Voting
On May 11, the Senate Rules Committee will hold a markup on S. 1, the Corrupt Politicians Act. The bill contains over 500 pages of overreaching federal government policies. If enacted it will not only disenfranchise voters but also make voter fraud more rampant. Earlier this year, we shared a memo from Conservative Action Project outlining the many problematic provisions in this legislation. These include:
- Mandates that states allow all felons to vote.
- Forces states to extend periods of early voting, which has been shown to have no effect on turnout.
- Mandates same-day voter registration, which encourages voter fraud.
- Limits the ability of states to cooperate to see who is registered in multiple states at the same time.
- Prohibits election observers from cooperating with election officials to file formal challenges to suspicious voter registrations.
- Criminalizes protected political speech by making it a crime to “discourage” someone from voting
- Bars states from making their own laws about voting by mail.
- Prohibits chief election officials in each state from participating in federal election campaigns.
- Mandates free mailing of absentee ballots.
- Mandates that states adopt new redistricting commissions.
The Corrupt Politicians Act also requires mandatory mail-in voting, ballot harvesting, suppression of free speech of organizations and candidates, federal funding of candidates, and so much more.
A markup is the last step a bill needs before heading to the floor for a vote. Please be sure that you are signed up to receive our legislative action alerts so you can help us tell your Senator to vote NO on this terrible bill!
To Livestream the S.1 markup on Tuesday, May 11 at 10:00 am eastern, please click here.