There’s a place in Georgia that you may not have heard about, and the things happening in America today kinda reminded me about that site, which I visited several years ago. Back then hardly anybody I questioned had heard of the area in Elbert County Georgia, about seven miles north of Elberton on Georgia highway 77. The Georgia Guidestones, as it has been named, is a set of granite slabs rising to a height of near 20 feet. Slabs display a 10 point message espousing the conservation of mankind and future generations in 8 languages, English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese and Russian. The capstone has writing on the four edges in four ancient languages, Babylonian cuneiform, Classical Greek, Sanskrit and Egyptian Hieroglyphics. The unit also serves as an astronomical calendar: every day at noon the sun shines through a narrow hole on the structure and illuminates the day’s date on an engraving. In 1980 the stones were finished and put in place. They carry a tablet in front proclaiming, “Let these be guidestones to an Age of Reason.” I seem to recall that the French revolution was based on reason and you know how that turned out. To this date no one knows who the sponsors were. Guesses have been voiced but I’ll not repeat them. The name shown is R. C. Christian, a known pseudonym. In agreement with the contract all plans were destroyed once the project was completed.
The 10 guides listed are:
- Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Think – reduce population – by what means?
- Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.
Think – multicultural and eugenics – Hitler’s master race program?
- Unite humanity with a living new language.
Think – no reading of past history – return to the Tower of Babel?
- Rule passion – faith – traditions – and all things with tempered reason.
Think – humanism’s reasoning?
- Protect people and nations with fair laws and justice.
Think – who defines fair and justice? – has it ever been done?
- Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Think – new world order – international criminal court system – guilty ‘til proved innocent!
- Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Think -- elite rule – no trial by peers!
- Balance personal rights with social duties.
Think – social justice – the Bible has already prescribed it – and told us how.
- Prize truth-beauty-love-seeking harmony with the infinite.
Think -- whose truth, beauty, love – the government’s or the Great I Am’s?
- Be not a cancer on earth – Leave room for nature.
Think – man is not unique in creation – he’s just been moved up to monkey’s uncle status!